Service » Immigration » Work Permit


The Work Permit allows semi-skilled foreign workers from approved source countries to work in certain sectors. Find out your sector’s requirements, the foreign worker levy and quota, and how to apply.

The Work Permit is an official name of the working pass given to unskilled foreign manpower that seeks for employment in various niches of Singaporean economy (construction, babysitting, services, housekeeping, marine and so on). Only employees from approved sources are eligible for this working permit provided that they meet certain criteria while their employers are ready to pay a levy and the security bond, meet the quota criterion, and provide the worker with a healthcare insurance.

This work pass doesn’t have a salary requirement; though basically, the salary of work pass holders is usually lower than 2,200 SGD.

Only an employer or an authorised agency can initiate processing of this work pass.

The working permit is usually issued for a period of up to 2 years; however, this term depends on the passport validity of the working permit holder, term of employment, security bond, and other details.

This working pass is renewable under certain conditions.

No passes for families are available for such work pass holders.

Key facts about the Work Permit (WP) for foreign workers:

Who Foreign workers from approved source countries working in the construction, manufacturing, marine, process or services sector. Find out the eligibility criteria.
Who can process An employer or appointed employment agent (Toss-ex) needs to apply for the permit.
Qualifying salary Not applicable.
Duration Up to 2 years, depending on the validity of the worker’s passport, security bond and employment period.
Renewable Yes
Passes for family Not available.
Quota and levy Yes. Employers are limited by a quota for their industry and have to pay a monthly levy for each worker.
Medical insurance Employers must provide medical insurance
Legislation Conditions of Work PassEmployment of Foreign Manpower Act

Why Use Help of Professional Agents or Local Consultants?


The Manpower Ministry is tightening approach in dealing with the issue of hiring foreign professionals. Getting the work visa really challenging, chances of application rejection is more possible if right process is not adhered. To avoid wrong filing professional attention is preferred choice for many of our customers.

What is more our certified and qualified consultant’s years of expertise behind their best practice in filing the required documents. You can confidently trust our visa consultants they can handle your case diligently, double verify the paperwork and for complex issue seek MOM officers help to the best interest of the favourable outcome for the application’s approval.

Dedicated visa consultant is assist your all quires and offer you to try our competency and offers you best solution that will help you to get the EP approval.

Free Visa Assessment Form

12 + 15 =

Call Us +65 66182747
Ministry Of Manpower (MOM)
License No. (EA No.: 11C5095)

Privacy Policy

Call Now Button